I regularly teach university courses in writing, creative writing, and poetry. I’m currently a lecturer at Chapman University, where I teach graduate and undergraduate courses in poetry; too, I teach poetry writing courses for the University of La Verne Online. I’ve also taught at Scripps College, the University of Southern California, Pitzer College, and elsewhere.
I’d love to visit your school or class, lead poetry workshops, seminars, and/or book arts sessions. I enjoy working with classes, school groups, private groups, and the general public.
If you’re looking for specialized instruction or individual feedback, please get in touch for consultation rates.
- A Book-Making Workshop, Scripps College Humanities Institute, Fall 2019.
- Poetry-Off-the-Page, a presentation and hands-on workshop for Pasadena City College‘s Summer Creative Writing Academy, 2019
- Using book arts to re-vision poems – a guest workshop for CalArts MFA students. Check out some of the texts we considered on twitter. Fall 2018.
- “Crafting a Poem, Crafting a Book,” a free Poetry and Book Making workshop at the Altadena Public Library. Fall 2017.
- “The Pocket-Book as Compositional Aide,” a private workshop in Sierra Madre. Spring 2016
Get in touch: