I regularly teach university courses in writing, creative writing, and poetry. I’m a lecturer at Chapman University, where I teach graduate and undergraduate courses in poetry writing. I’ve also taught at Scripps College, the University of Southern California, Pitzer College, the University of La Verne, UC Riverside, Truckee Meadows Community College, and elsewhere.
I’d love to visit your school or class, lead poetry workshops, writing seminars, and/or book arts sessions. I enjoy working with students, individuals, private groups, and the general public. I’m happy to Zoom in or visit in person for classes, Q & As, and/or readings. Please reach out to me using the form below.
If you’re looking for specialized instruction or individual feedback about poems, creative manuscripts, or other writing, I can help with that, too. I often work with writers for prose consultations (for graduate school applications, theses or dissertations, and other essays). Please use the form below to get in touch, tell me about your project, and request my rates.
- Creative Writing for Book Artists, Focus on Book Arts, Forest Grove, OR, July 2022
- Flower-Fold Bookmaking workshop (online), Claremont McKenna College, April 2022
- Nature Writing Workshop (online), PLNU, September 2020
- A Tunnel Book Workshop, Claremont Helen Renwick Library, February 2020
- A Book-Making Workshop, Scripps College Humanities Institute, Fall 2019
- Poetry-Off-the-Page, a presentation and hands-on workshop for Pasadena City College‘s Summer Creative Writing Academy. Summer 2019
- Using book arts to re-vision poems – a guest workshop for CalArts MFA students. Check out some of the texts we considered on twitter. Fall 2018.
- “Crafting a Poem, Crafting a Book,” a free Poetry and Book Making workshop at the Altadena Public Library. Fall 2017.
- “The Pocket-Book as Compositional Aide,” a private workshop in Sierra Madre. Spring 2016
Get in touch: