I regularly teach university courses in writing, creative writing, and poetry. I’m a lecturer at Chapman University, where I teach graduate and undergraduate courses in poetry writing. I’ve also taught at Scripps College, the University of Southern California, Pitzer College, the University of La Verne, UC Riverside, Truckee Meadows Community College, and elsewhere.
I’d love to visit your school or class, lead poetry workshops, writing seminars, and/or book arts sessions. I enjoy working with classes, school groups, individuals, private groups, and the general public. I’m happy to Zoom in for Q & As and/or short readings. Please reach out to me using the form below.
If you’re looking for specialized instruction or individual feedback about poems, manuscripts, or other writing, I can help with that, too. Please use the form below to request my consultation rates.
- Nature Writing Workshop (online), PLNU, September 2020
- A Tunnel Book Workshop, Claremont Helen Renwick Library, February 2020
- A Book-Making Workshop, Scripps College Humanities Institute, Fall 2019
- Poetry-Off-the-Page, a presentation and hands-on workshop for Pasadena City College‘s Summer Creative Writing Academy. Summer 2019
- Using book arts to re-vision poems – a guest workshop for CalArts MFA students. Check out some of the texts we considered on twitter. Fall 2018.
- “Crafting a Poem, Crafting a Book,” a free Poetry and Book Making workshop at the Altadena Public Library. Fall 2017.
- “The Pocket-Book as Compositional Aide,” a private workshop in Sierra Madre. Spring 2016
Get in touch: